Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Where to buy your martial-arts equipment

Reader alert: this is NOT a paid advertisement.  It's just some neighborly advice based upon my own experience in shopping for martial-arts gear. 
   If you live in New Jersey or anywhere near Philadelphia, the place you want to visit is Academy of Karate Martial Arts Supplies in Haddon Heights, NJ.  Live in Montana?  Then check out the store online.  If it exists, they have it.  And if they don't have it in stock, they'll get it for you.
   Because I hate shopping for anything, it's not my nature to brag about great stores that I've found.  But the Academy of Karate rates all five stars that I give it for quality, prices, and service.  And get this: I normally drive there [40 minutes each way] rather than order online just because I like the place. 
   Uniforms?  Yes, an exceptional variety.  Weapons?  You bet.  Kicking dummies?  Any kind you want.  Books?  A first-rate selection.  And most of the time when you visit the store you'll bump into fellow martial artists -- often school owners -- who are buying equipment for themselves or their students.  So you often get to strike up a conversation with someone  you aren't going to meet in the dairy aisle of your local food store.
   When I need something but can't visit the store, I just call.  Friendly service that brings the martial-arts equipment to my front door.  What's not to love?
   I don't accept advertising for this blog.  My only goal is to help keep senior martial artists training and competing.  So here's today's simple tip: put Academy of Karate Martial Arts Supplies on your team.  Check out the store online right now to see what you're missing.
   www.martialartssupermarket.com.
  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Max. Glad to help. And thanks for checking out "Seniors in the Martial Arts."

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for sharing your comments with Seniors in the Martial Arts. Best wishes for continued success with your training.